Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PowerMTA 5, OpenSSL and TLS support
Hi,

I've just released a new update that includes powermta 5.0b1, openssl and tls support.  I've also fixed a bug in the powermta config.

***BUG FIX***

In the powermta config file in the gmail settings there is a double max-msg-rate, i removed one of them, this stops powermta from sending messages like crazy to gmail.

***OpenSSL Information***

Because openssl requires user input please follow these instructions

After your install open the ssh console back up and run the following commands

Code:
mkdir /etc/ssl/private

Code:
openssl req -new -x509 -days 3650 -nodes -out "/etc/ssl/private/pmta.example.com.cert" -keyout "/etc/ssl/private/pmta.example.com.key"

rename example.com with your domain name

Follow the onscreen questions to make your self signed certificate

Then run this command

Code:
cat /etc/ssl/private/pmta.example.com.cert /etc/ssl/private/pmta.example.com.key > /etc/ssl/private/pmta.example.com.pem

Then you will need to restart powermta with this command
Code:
service pmta restart

Any problems PM me.
Happy Installing
Chris
Hey,

Do we have to do anything from our end to use pmta v5 during installation or it'll automatically use v5??
It will automatically install pmta 5 but for the server to work after installation the following instructions in this post need to be followed
Hi Chris,

I have sent you some messages on skype but it seems you are busy. Can you please check why every intersphire installation shows 500 http error. Also, I tried to install the ssl commands but it seems they are not working at all.

I am also sending you PM here as well.
I have tried several times the same commands in new installs but PMTA is not starting its always saying "failed". How to resolve this issue?
Mailwizz and Mumara both are not working in the new updated version.

SSL is not properly installed even after all commands.

In fact this is a complete piece of Crap.

Chris is not responding to Skype and he is only interested in selling the service not interested in providing support.

Even you people can see that he not active in this Forum.
(07-20-2019, 02:09 PM)[email protected] Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Mailwizz and Mumara both are not working in the new updated version.

SSL is not properly installed even after all commands.

In fact this is a complete piece of Crap.

Chris is not responding to Skype and he is only interested in selling the service not interested in providing support.

Even you people can see that he not active in this Forum.

Yeah facing issues as well, in mailwizz it installs using port 487 and it didn't work so I changed it to port 25 in the delivery server settings and it worked.